Monday, 31 August 2026

East Anglian Beer and Cider Festival 2026

Today was the last day of the 34th East Anglian Beer and Cider festival, which started last Wednesday. 

I attended every day, although only for 1/2 hour today. Here are a few of my pictures.


Queuing to get in on the Wednesday afternoon session.


Collecting glasses and beer cards.


My first beer.


It was quite quiet in the first session as it was trade and CAMRA members only.



One of the two cider bars.


The keg beer corner.



I found Chris from our U3A Longer Walks Walking Group behind the bar.



I had brought some crosswords along to do.


The nave had stillage along the side and tables down the middle.



On Thursday the only seat I could find was in the cloisters.


It was busy on Thursday and Friday.



No Keith, Mark or Dave this year for our Saturday rendezvous, so it was just me and Tim. Here he is with my suitably themed latest Weekend Quick Cryptic crossword entitled "Cheers!" to be published later this week. Thanks for test solving it Tim!


Here is a photo that featured in the publicity for the festival of them solving one of my crosswords last year.

But back to this year...


It was quieter than expected on Saturday






The Wesley Ukulele Band at 3pm on the Saturday were only one of the set of performers during the festival.


We also got an organ recital.


Yesterday the was also a food and drink festival on. I paused in the Abbey Gardens on the way there to photograph the planting. Are those big plants banana trees? Apparently they are! See here.



The food festival was quite busy.




Back at the Beer Festival, the Bury Male Voice Choir were performing.


I was there today with Will and some of his friends.


It was great to meet them. As you can see behind them the range of beers left was somewhat diminished but there was still plenty to try.

And so, what of the beers? Here is a list of a few that I sampled (I only had 1/3 pint of each) and enjoyed over the 5 days.
A great selection as always and hardly any duff ones. Rather a preponderance of Blonde/Golden Pale Ales and Hazy IPAs, which seems to be the fashion this year.

The cathedral will not be available for next year's festival. I wonder what they are going to do?




No comments:

Post a Comment