Tuesday, 25 August 2026

Rushbrooke Walk

As part of my recovery exercise programme I did a 7.25 mile circular walk from home today via Rushbrook.

This was my route.

I last did this in February 2021 during lockdown (see here).

Here are a few of my photos.

I don't think this factory was there the last time I did the walk.


I crossed the A14 via the underpass here.


My route was largely on roads. On Elderstub Lane I was pleased to see this notice. It is a narrow road.


I tried to visit Rushbrooke Church...



...but alas it wasn't open.

This is the water pump.


The white thatched cottages look pretty.


I wasn't surprised to see that the reservoir level is very low.


Heading along Rushbrooke Lane I came to the new development shere.


There are still plenty  more houses to be built.



Then it was back home via the Sainsbury roundabout and familiar paths. A good, if not terribly excitig, workout.

You can find more details of my 7.25 mile route here on MapMyWalk or here on OS Maps (or download a GPX file here).

Other related walks on my blog include

No comments:

Post a Comment