Saturday 13 February 2021

Rushbrooke Walk


A chilly walk today in the strong breeze. I had to keep moving to keep warm even with my thick coat on. Still just walking from home, today I went under the A14 at the underpass by the new Suffolk Park Industrial Estate and then turned towards Rougham. I turned up Elderstub Lane and followed it to the top and down Eastlow Hill Road, diverting to look at Lake House and the lake, and then up the hill to Rushbrooke. I returned via Rushbrooke Lane and recrossed the A14 at the Sainsbury's roundabout before heading for home via Layhill Covert and Sebert Wood School.

This was my route (about 7 1/4 miles).

Here are a few photos.

A lot of the snow has gone now, except in the shade.

Approaching the underpass with all the tubed trees.

Iced plants beside Elderstub Lane.

The road itself was still rather icy too.

The little detour into the woods was my only section not on hard surfaces. Fortunately the mud was still frozen solid. I don't think I'd like to come along here again next week.

I liked the snowman goalie in the grounds of Lake House.

The lake was only partly frozen over as there was still quite a lot of water flowing through it.

As I walked up the road to Rushbrooke, several skeins of geese flew over.

I passed the church...

...water pump...

...and thatched cottages.

I did think of taking this path across the fields and behind the driving range, but stuck to road to get home before 5.

A good walk without getting at all muddy. Hooray!

You can see more details of my route here on MapMyWalk

No comments:

Post a Comment