Friday 5 February 2021

River Linnet Walk

Today I thought I'd take a walk along the River Linnet towards Westley and then back through town. It was a nice afternoon with plenty of sunshine and fluffy clouds... and lots of robins! I wasn't sure how much of the path along the river had paved paths and I did indeed find a certain amount of mud, but it wasn't too bad and my shoes didn't get too muddy. This was my route....

Her are a few of my photos. The river was quite full and flowing quite fast.



I fund some crocuses about to open in someone's garden

Once out of the housing I got a view towards Ickworth House Estate and its magnificent trees.

I saw plenty of winter aconites. Very cheerful.

I left the river and followed the path up the hill here instead of continuing along what was becoming an increasingly muddy path along the river, so I didn't quite get all the way to Westley. But time was getting on and I wanted to be home before 5 pm.

I crossed Gainsborough Recreation Ground with a dramatic sky behind me...

...and headed for the West Road water tower, passing All Saints church, scene of many a Suffolk Youth Music concert in which Sarah and William performed.


Going down Abbeygate Street, I could see the fields and trees towards Moreton Hall and home over the other side of the River Lark lit in the late afternoon sunshine.

The setting sun lit up the cathedral beautifully.

Then it was out along Eastgate and up Mount Road to get home and start on the evening meal. Well that was a lovely bit of fresh air and some countryside... and my longest walk this year so far at just under 8 miles. I must get out more!

You can find more details of my walk here on MapMyWalk.

No comments:

Post a Comment