Saturday 29 January 2022

Another Jumbo Crossword

As I solved this the Saturday before last and remembered to use my solution as the framework for the blog I thought, "but it's only a week since I published my last Jumbo blog". Well we have had two bank holiday extras in between that one and this, so the Jumbo bloggers' next turns come around a lot quicker at this time of year. As for this one, I finished it in just under an average time in 37:51 despite an unusually large number of (to me) unknowns, including 3 of the first 6 answers. But there are plenty of easier clues to provide checkers to help with the wordplay. Clues I particularly enjoyed include 1A (nice choice of anagrind), 29A (apposite surface), 7D (nice image), 8D (great definition) and 49D. Thank-you setter! How did you all get on?

Read all about it... )

No comments:

Post a Comment