Tuesday 8 October 2024

Kent Holiday Day 2 - Part 2

After our walk from Upnor and excellent lunch at the Kings Arms we returned to our caravan before setting off on a shorter afternoon walk.

This time we did a circular walk from the holiday park westwards along the Thames Estuary and then back inland.

This was our route.


Or rather my route. After reaching the view in the photo at the top of the post, Dawn had had enough for the day and returned along the coast path while I continued with the path uphill to return inland.

As the tide was now most of the way in, we heeded the warning signs and kept to the coast path rather than the path at the edge of the marsh.

Here are a few of my photos.

We set off on the path in front of the Yacht Club.


There are plenty of birds to be spotted.


The traffic on the Thames is continous.


The path through  Dagnam Saltings marsh.


The sign at Coombe Bay, where Dawn turned back.


The view back to the holiday park.



And so I went uphill.


This tower is by the 'main road'.


Looking across to Southen-on-Sea.


Looking down towards St Mary's marshes and Canvey island beyond.


At the top of the hill by the main road, I got a view in the other direction towards Grain.



...and to this dredger off the end of the peninsula.


On my way pack I came across this perplexing combination of signs... no entry and don't enter at more than 40 mph.


The clouds were starting to gather now...


...but I got back to the caravan park before the rain came.


Just bread and soup for our evening meal tonight after that huge lunch we had earlier.

You can see more details of my 4.5 mile route here on MapMyWalk (or download a GPX file here) and see more of my photos of the day here on Flickr.

No comments:

Post a Comment