Today, at Joyce's request knowing I wouldn't yet have recovered enough from my knee operation to walk 10 miles, I hosted a quiz for the walking group after their walk.
This was the invite from Joyce."Thursday August 13th I have decided to offer the walk but at an earlier time. Then we can get to John’s quiz and the pub earlier. A 10-mile circular walk taking in Nowton Park, the Friendly Loaf for coffee and treats, the village of Horringer and a new bridleway back into Bury. We will meet/park on Mayfield Road IP33 2NT near Red Wing Road IP33 2PA at 9am. Of course, you can park/meet us at Nowton Park £3 and we will collect you as we pass for toilets and then onto the bakery. Please note that the road to Nowton Park from Southgate Green roundabout is closed but you’ll be able to access Nowton Park from Nowton Village. Our walk uses familiar paths on St Edmunds Way to start with. The walk does have some really shady parts and we will have a stop at Nowton Church and Horringer Church too if required. Pls come and support John as we re-park at The Moreton Hall Pub, Lawson Place, Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, IP32 7EW for about 1.30pm for John’s Quiz. Please note earlier quiz time. I have booked a table for drinks from 1.15pm. "
I was sorry to miss it but not sorry to be walking in the heat towards the end - I merely had 1/2 mile walk each way from home to the pub and back afterwards. There was a total of 13 of us (including me) and people drew lots to see who they were paired with. As befits a walking group, the teams were given names of long-distance paths we had walked at least some of.
At the end of the Quiz the scores (out of a maximum 51) were as follows:
- Stour Valley 26
- Boudicca 32
- St Edmund 35
- Wool Towns 38
- Sandlings 41 and
- Angles 43
The answers include links to all the blog posts that the questions in rounds 3 and 4 relate to.

450 is my guess for the tie breaker - JC
ReplyDelete