Sunday 6 May 2018

From Landguard Point to Felixstowe Pier

So here's the first of my walks for May.On the Sunday of the Bank Holiday weekend, I took a trip to Felixstowe and parked at Landguard Point. The visitor centre there has an excellent cafe that we've sometimes visited for brunch.

2018_0506_130304
 
Your get an excellent view of the docks and, across the water, of Harwich from here.
My walk took me to the point itself...

2018_0506_105958

From here I walked through the Nature Reserve...

2018_0506_112357

..which is a Site of Special Scientific Interest (SSSI). There were plenty of birds about, including some nesting Ringed Plovers and interesting plantlife including some fresh sea kale. From here, I carried on along the beach and promenade to Felixstowe pier, where I discovered a vintage vehicle rally was passing through.

2018_0506_120305

There were lots of lovely old vehicles of all sorts and and amzing collection of motorbikes and scooters, the chrome all gleaming in the sun.

2018_0506_120015

By now I was starting to feel I was in danger of getting sunburnt so had to pop into Lidl to get some suntan lotion before returning through Langer Park, back along the sea front and through the Nature Reserve again.

A lovely morning walk in the sun and I was home just in time for lunch.

Here is a map of my route...


You can find more details of it in my Map My Walk Log and more of my photos on Flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment