Friday 11 May 2018

QC Blogging Day

Times Quick Cryptic No 1089 by Oink


It is my delightful privilege to get to write the blog for, I think, the first QC from a new compiler, Oink. I'd like to say it's a pig of a crossword, but it isn't. Beautifully crafted, it is a terrific puzzle full of immaculate surfaces and witty misdirections - not least the very first clue. It took me a couple of minutes over my average time and some of the clues may cause some head-scratching among less-experienced solvers, but you can always come here to find the answer and learn. Lots of candidates for clue of the day, but I'm going to choose HOUSE HUSBAND. Welcome to the elite team of QC setters, Oink! I hope you all enjoyed this too. How did you all get on?

Read all about it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment