Saturday 19 May 2018

Jumbo Blogging Day

Times Cryptic Jumbo No 1322 - 7th May


A fairly gentle Jumbo for the Bank Holiday Monday after the rather trickier Saturday pachyderm. Nothing too difficult or obscure today - I even knew the ice skating twizzle at 1d, but one or two clues are nicely devious. It helps to know your Shakespeare plots to parse 32a and the phrase at 21d may be unknown to some, but the wordplay is helpful. A good half dozen clues have a tick of approval on my paper copy. I liked the transformation of CONSOLATION at 35d and the SCOOTER, but my COD goes to BOW LEGS for the cheeky defintion that reminds me that I haven't been 10-pin bowling with the family for a while. A post-exam treat in a few weeks time, perhaps.... Yes it's GCSE and 'A' levels in the Interred household this month and next! Thanks to our setter for an entertaining and satisfying puzzle. How did you all find it?

Read all about it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment