Friday 11 May 2018

Lackford Lakes Dawn Chorus

Suffolk Wildlife Trust organise a number of events throughout the year at their Nature Reserves.I'd never been on one, but now was the time to try one of their Dawn Chorus walks.See here I was early on a Friday morning at Lackford Lakes.


I arrived at 4:45 am although the guided walk led by the site manager Will Cranstoun didn't start until 5:30, os was able to have a peaceful walk on my own before we started. The birds were in full voice, and the lakes looked atmospheric with some lingering mist.

DSCF1167

On the guided walk itself, there was more standing and listening than walking, of course, and it was very interesting. We were challenged to be able to remember the song of as many birds as possible. I think I can now recognise Nightingales, Blackcaps, Reed warblers, Sedge warblers, Chiff-chaffs, Great tits, Robins, Wrens, Blackbirds and Song Thrushes, among others 😊. Thanks to Will for the educational ramble! It was lovely to do that and get home by 8am when the normal day is just starting. See more of my photos on Flickr.

No comments:

Post a Comment