Sunday 15 December 2019

Jumbo Blogging Day

Times Cryptic Jumbo No 1412 - 30th November

I thought this a nice middle-of-the-road Jumbo with plenty of straightforward clues to get you going and then a few that needed more effort. Only one unknown for me, the word "mahlstick" in the clue for 18A, so no obscurities to hold me up. Indeed, when I got to the Down clues, numbers 1-11 all went in at the first reading. I was all but finished in 35 minutes, but then held up at the end by having SLIDE instead of SIDLE as the (perfectly plausible, I contend) answer to 54A, making CABOODLE my LOI after nearly 10 minutes of headscratching. Some neat wordplay (e.g 30A, 6D, 31D and, my COD, 49D) raised a few wry smiles. Thank-you setter. How did everyone else get on? What were your favourites?
Read all about it... )

No comments:

Post a Comment