Sunday 1 December 2019

Songbook Sunday - Juliet Kelly

December already... Good-bye Autumn. But time for another Songbook Sunday at the Athenaeum.

This was the listing...



Just me this time and I didn't take the buffet so I was seated in the cheap seats at the back. Not that it mattered. I could see and hear just fine. I sneaked a couple of pics on my phone...



What a great voice and lovely expressive singing. The backing trio were pretty good too. Owen had some great solos and Chris and George were impressive as ever.

There were several Nina Simone favourite songs, but the highlight for me was Juliet's own song "Little things". In the absence of any backing vocalists on stage she got the audience to take part, which was rather fun.

What a great way to spend a cold December lunchtime! Thanks Juliet and the Chris Ingham trio. The next Songbook Sunday is not till March, but I'm sure I'll be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment