Friday 18 February 2022

Eunice

I'm not sure I'd seen the barometer lower than this... Today the wind blew...

I walked into town to take a library book back this afternoon. I nearly got blown away about 100m from home but kept going. Anything that was going to come done would have done so already, I reasoned. And, furthermore, I was walking into the wind so would see anything being blown coming.

Just a few twigs and branches down along Symonds Rd.


I got to the bridge into the Abbey Gardens.


Grr. I guess they didn't want to be sued if someone was there and got hit by something falling. But still... Time to backtrack and go another way. 

I did see this near the old Registry Office


It was rather quiet in town. I got to the library..,


Grr. How can a library be susceptible to the wind, I wondered? I suppose closing it meant the staff didn't have to travel. Just as well my book wasn't due back for a few days yet.

I returned via Mount Rd and saw this near the top...


Falling tree 1 Wall 0. Glad no-one was under that when it fell!

Well I didn't get to return the library book, but I got more than enough fresh air!

No comments:

Post a Comment