Friday 7 December 2018

QC Blogging Day

Times Quick Cryptic No 1239 by Pedro

A nicely constructed and teasing puzzle with lovely surfaces from Pedro today, with several clues which made me stop and think a bit.... 3a describes what I had to do nicely! Largely it was due to Pedro giving us the chance to go astray... which I duly did. In the end, though, I wasn't held up too much by anything and I still finished under an average time. So, I don't think there is anything unfair or unreasonably difficult, but I've misjudged this before and I'm sure you will tell me if I'm wrong! Apart from the delightful, aforementioned, 3a I enjoyed the luxurious pigsties at 11a, the self-referential 23a, the erroneous vegans at 6d and the bonus of more money at 7d - I was handed a letter informing me of my annual salary increase only yesterday. But COD from me goes to the simple, but smile-inducing, cryptic definition at 16d for reminding me of my grandfather... who was one. So thanks Pedro for the entertainment. How did you all like it?
Read all about it... )

No comments:

Post a Comment