Friday 21 December 2018

QC Blogging Day

Times Quick Cryptic No 1249 by Hurley

Like Mara's puzzle on Wednesday, we have one for anagram fans today, with no less than 5 bits of unscrambling to do - and I failed solve any of them at first glance. In fact I failed to solve lots of the clues at first glance, getting only a handful of across answers on my first read through. Like yesterday's, a bit on the tricky side overall, then, if my experience is anything to go by, although there are plenty of easier clues to get you going. In addition to the testing anagrams we have a lovely deceptive hidden word at 12d and I needed all the crossers for the cryptic 7d, my last one in. Lots of great clues. I'll opt for the thrilling 8a as my COD. Thanks, Hurley! How did you all like it? Oh, and as this is my last blog of the year, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, when it comes, to you all.
P.S. Well it is nearly Christmas, so here is my current favourite Christmas Cracker joke.... How do you think the unthinkable? Answer at the end of the blog.
Read all about it... )

No comments:

Post a Comment