Friday 31 January 2020

Gt Finborough Walk Recce

I needed to do a recce of my walk for the Ramblers in 10 days time. I had last done a version of it in July and conditions might be a bit different in February...

This was my route.



And here are a few photos.

Shortly after the start, my route took me across this field.


By the time I'd crossed it I had an inch of mud on my boots. Oh. I think I need to find an alternative route to avoid that!

The tearoom and museum at Brook Farm are not open at this time of year, but you can still see the outdoor exhibits.



For most of the walk there is a view of Gt Finborough church.


A duck house is one of the sights.


As is OneHouse church.


It has some pretty winter aconites.


The route passes the Shepherd and Dog.


I was pleased to see there is a new Lakehouse cafe across the road. A stopping off point on a future walk, perhaps?


Back to the village.


And this is the car park. I hope it has enough spaces!
 

Well I think I will make a couple of changes to the route to avoid muddy fields, but most of it looks fine - even the path alongside the River Rat.

You can see more details of my route today  here on MapMyWalk,

No comments:

Post a Comment