Saturday 11 January 2020

Jumbo Blogging Day

You know how some dishes, like a good curry, become more tasty after keeping for a bit? Well that's what I found with this Jumbo, solving on the day and then revisiting over a few sessions to do the blog. In all it took me about 50 minutes to solve, which is just a little over average for me for a Jumbo, I think, so we are in the goldilocks zone of difficulty if my experience is anything to go by. There are plenty of tasty morsels to tickle the tastebuds that I only really savoured properly on a second helping. Witty surfaces, wordplay and sneaky definitons abound, yet there are plenty of easily digestible appetiser clues to whet the appetite and get your juices flowing for the chewier bits. Some favourite bonbons for me were the "unmarried mum" at 21A, the "former queen" at 43A , the "bones" at 52A, "being liable to change" at 1D, the topical Test Match reference at 2D and, for afters, the pasteurised cheese at 40D (although I'd have preferred some Stilton). Lovely stuff. Thanks you setter, and more like this, please, editor. So how did you all get on? And what were your favourites?
Read all about it... )

No comments:

Post a Comment