Saturday 7 May 2022

A clever Jumbo Crossword

I found this a satisfying Jumbo to complete with some masterful complex wordplay, whimsical definitions and neat surfaces to admire. Quite a few single letter deletions, I thought, so my strikethrough button in the editor got plenty of use. I was all finished bar 4 answers after 37 1/2 minutes, but then took another 7 minutes for the last 4. I had most trouble with my LOI, 30A, having no idea the answer had blue eyes and only the crossing 20D got me to the right answer. My two other unknowns of the day were the slope and the Shakespearean constable. So about a par experience for me. Quite a few appreciative ticks on my copy - I liked 15A, 43A, 47A, 2D and 6D (once I'd parsed them!), 5D and 11D best. Thank-you setter! How did you all get on?

Read all about it... )

No comments:

Post a Comment