Sunday 29 May 2022

Bury St. Edmunds Whitsun Fayre

Today we took a walk into town to see the Whitsun Fayre. It turned out to be a bit of a damp squib.

Maybe it was because there was no Bank Holiday Monday following so it was just a one day event and maybe Brexit has stopped the continentals coming, but there were rather fewer stalls than previously.

We arrived about 11:45 and, barely 10 minutes later, the heavens opened. Here are a few of my photos.

The flower beds in the Abbey Gardens are awaiting their summer bedding to be planted.


I liked the "Bury in Plume"...


...peacock.


We did get some Ivy flower honey from here.


Dawn and Sarah looking a bit wet already.


While they visited a charity shop to keep dry, I visited the rest of the fayre.


I don't think many sat down here for their lunch.


But never mind. We saw these lovely woollen treats in a shop window on St. Johns Street - they're not for sale though.



I think I can feel a platinum jubilee celebration coming on.

No comments:

Post a Comment