Monday 16 May 2022

New Times for The Times open for business

 

Phew! That went alright then. The new Times for The Times site is up and running... 

...and swarming with new users, and I was delighted to be able to put this on the old site yesterday...


It has been a lot of work for me over the last 2 1/2 months, especially over the last week or two, so apologies for the lack of pasts here recently. Sadly, a couple of walks over that time may not make it to the blog as I try to catch up on other things.

My thanks to Stuart in Australia for extracting the nearly 10,000 posts and  nearly 300,000 comments from the old site for me so I could load them into the new. Our aim was to make the transition as seamless as possible and it seems to have worked. Thanks also to Jonathan, John and the other bloggers for the help with testing.

We've had a lot of appreciative comments in response to the new site Welcome Announcement and are seeing a number of users who had deserted the old site because of its Russian connections return.

My favourite comments include:


and..

I'm looking forward to having some time to spend on something else!

No comments:

Post a Comment