Sunday 23 April 2023

Bury St. Edmunds Spring Beer Festival

Yesterday I met up with my friend Tim at the first Bury St. Edmunds Spring Beer Festival at the Constitution Club.

This was a follow on from the success of the Winter Beer Festival in the same venue and with the same layout. You will notice it says "The First Annual...", so I think we can expect it back this time next year.


I was there first as Tim was bellringing up to about 1pm. It was fairly quiet to begin with, but we gave up at about 4pm when the background noise was getting a bit loud for conversation and walked home together in the Spring sunshine. In the meantime Tim also had a go at my latest Weekend Quick Cryptic - "A new season begins". He only needed help for the last couple.

As for the beers - well you can read the full programme here. My favourite was the Wild Craft brewery's Wild Caribbean, mistakenly named in the programme as "Wild Californian". At the bar when I got it, they were discussing whether it could be frozen into ice lollies. It has a lovely pineapple flavour. I rather liked my first one, Nethergaste's Azza King golden ale too.


That was a very pleasant Saturday afternoon. Thank-you for the company, Tim. It was good to catch up.

No comments:

Post a Comment