Saturday 15 September 2018

Bury St. Edmunds Ramblers Walk - Saffron Walden

Only my 3rd Saturday walk with the Bury St. Edmunds ramblers. They are all day affairs, so I have to get my weekly shopping done on the Friday. This was a lovely one in a circular route from Saffron Walden south the village of Debden and back via part of the Harcamlow Way and Audley End House.


This was (approximately) our route - my phone ran out of juice so didn't track the last 2 or 3 miles properly.


I'd not been to Saffron Walden before. A very attractive little town with ancient houses, a marketplace and historic maze. We stopped about halfway at the The Plough in Debden. The charming landlady was very accommodating, letting us eat our picnics in the pub garden. The route onward from there along the Harcamlow  Way was lovely.

Here is a slide show of all of my photos.



You see them all individually on Flickr and more details of the route on MapMyWalk.

Lovely walking weather and a lovely day's walk. Thanks Trevor!

No comments:

Post a Comment