Monday 24 September 2018

U3A Choir

Today was the first rehearsal of the new season for the U3A Bury St. Edmunds choir. This is what the website says...


"What do we do?

The group is developing well and has already given a number of concerts. Our repertoire is very varied ranging over secular and sacred music, serious and popular."

I got sent an email a few days before with all the music I needed, and yes, indeed it is a nice variety. A Handel coronation anthem, some Palestrina, Mendelssohn and a couple of madrigals.


I was surprised when I turned up to find so many. But the tenors were rather outnumbered so I was most welcome. My voice didn't enjoy the Handel too much, however. Hopefully it just needs a bit more use!

Rehearsals are from 2:30 to 4:15pm. A pleasant way to spend a Monday afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment