Friday 18 January 2019

Rougham Walk

I thought I'd do a bit of a recce for a potential local walk for the Ramblers. I started at Blackthorpe Barn. This was my route...


After a bit of a meander, I found I was already on the path I wanted and headed east. Another time I will cross the A14 and explore Rougham Estate, but not today... it would be getting dark too soon. Here's the barn..


The Car Park at Rougham Church...


...was busy, but it was close to the end of the school day for the primary school next to it.
The walk crossed some lovely meadows with some fantastic ancient trees,


There were some interesting dwelling places too. I've never seen a house with is own cricket net before.





 After visiting the lake I headed back NNE towards my start along a lovely restricted byway.


That was nice. But there's definitely potential to augment it. More anon!

No comments:

Post a Comment