Tuesday 29 January 2019

Lynford Walk


What a lovely crisp winter's day for a walk. The sun was shining, the ground was (a bit) frosty. and the snowdrops were out in abundance. We met at Lynford Stag, and this was our route...


It is many years since I was last here, but I've blogged about it before when we first visited and then again when we returned. I'm not sure I've been there since until today. Here is a selection of my photos from the walk today.

Chris gave us an interesting introduction to the walk explaining the history of the stag and the Hall.


There was a bit of ice on the lakes but not enough to support the weight of more than a duck.

The fighting bulls statue by Lynford Hall . Read all about it here.

Lynford Hall Lodge.


 We stopped at the lake. Now where else away from the coast would you find a sandy beach as good as this?




We walked through the magnificent arboretum.

There were lots of snowdrops!


We wondered about the purpose of this structure. After an Internet search I am none the wiser. This doesn't help.


The area is very popular with bird-watchers. Like this chap we met.

We cam across some Highland cattle. This one was particularly cute and (potentially) cuddly.

And here we are back at the stag.


A lovely morning's walk. Thanks, Chris!
Here is a slideshow of my photos (Flash required)...


or you can see them here on Flickr. And you can see more details of our route in my MapMyWalk log.

No comments:

Post a Comment