Friday 1 February 2019

QC Blogging Day

Times Quick Cryptic No 1279 by Breadman

Oh my goodness. February already! Where did January go?  I'm not sure, in retrospect, why I was more than a minute slower than average on this nice quickie from Breadman today. There is nothing too tricky or obscure. Maybe it's doing it online instead of on paper for the blog. My last two in were 1A and 1D, but just because they were the last ones left. I did get into a tangle, as it were, by putting BINDWEED in for 13D, not noticing I'd trashed 14A, and then had to unravel things to solve 17A, and I seem to remember I was slow in seeing SERGEANT. Some neat clues and nice surfaces. I particularly enjoyed the bell-ringing bishop and the unruly youngster, but my COD goes to GOLDFISH. Thank-you Breadman! How did you all get on?

No comments:

Post a Comment