Tuesday 5 February 2019

Culford and West Stow Walk

The Ramblers Tuesday walk at Stoke-by-Nayland sounded inviting, but it was 1 1/2hours plus on the road as a round trip. And there was the threat of freezing fog on the way. So I stayed at home and caught up on some blogging, among other things, before going and doing a walk of my own.

I used the Ramblers Route planner and devised a circular route from Culford west to West Stow and back. It didn't go quite as planned as part of the route looked a bit uninviting but I had a plan B. This is the route I ended up with...


Here are a few of my photos from along the way. I started at the Village Hall in the centre of Culford...



..and walked through the school grounds.



The fishing lake still had a bit of ice.



I didn't have time to visit Wet Stow church even though it was open. Next time!


I went past West Stow Hall...


...and joined, for a while, part of a Ramblers route I had walked...



 ...down to the rather slippery, in places, Lark River path.



I do like walking beside water!

The light was beginning to fade as I got back to the village hall and my car. A nice walk of about 4.7 miles... and my 30th day in a row of over 5 miles in a day!

View more details of my walk Here on Strava and you can see my photos Here on Flickr.

No comments:

Post a Comment