Thursday 7 February 2019

Whatever It Takes


One of my sidelines is building and maintaining websites. One I've maintained for many years is that of the Friends of Bury St. Edmunds Music School. Another is the site for this band. My musical knock-out friend Linda (she's an anaesthetist) from college days (we've known each other for over 40 years) is the bass guitarist and I created this site for them a few years ago. We have a rather nice arrangement. I do little tweaks to the site as necessary and pay for the domain name and hosting and, in return, Linda buys me dinner at this marvellous pub about this time every year. I buy the drinks so it works out quite equitably, and its a lovely chance to catch up and enjoy some great food together.

We meet at The Pheasant in Keyston. This was the menu...


Linda had the chowder and the hake and I had the terrine and pork loin. Delicious! The time passed much too quickly as always and then I had the 'joy' of finding a route home with roadworks closing the A14... just like last year! But thanks Linda for a great meal and good company.

No comments:

Post a Comment