Saturday 2 March 2019

Jumbo Blogging Day

Times Cryptic Jumbo No 1367 - 16th Febuary

Although one of the advantages is that I have 2 weeks to complete the blog, one of the difficulties in blogging the Jumbo is the 2 weeks delay between publication of the crossword and publication of the answers... and the blog. So, as I write this summary just before publication, I'm struggling to remember what the solving experience was like. Hmm. I think there's an obvious answer to this that I should take on board. Do the intro for the blog shortly after solving! I must remember that for No 1372. But reacquainting myself with this rather satisfying puzzle as I write this I remember I found most of it quite straightforward, but I had a number of stumbling blocks such 16A, 47A, 7D and 24D that held me up. Favourite was the clever 15A, but I also liked the semi&lits at 23A and 6D. In all this took me about 54 minutes, so a litle harder than usual, but by no means a stinker. Thanks Setter! How did everyone get on?
Read all about it... )

No comments:

Post a Comment