Saturday 16 March 2019

Rushbrooke Walk

Today I thought I'd try a new walk using the new bridleway-to-be along the side of the A14...


 ...to make a circular route from the underpass by the new Suffolk Business Park.

This was my route.


I took in some of the restricted by-way I'd enjoyed on my Rougham Walk a few weeks ago, when I didn't have time to extend the walk to Rushbrooke. I'd never been to the village before, so this was new to me.

Here are some of my photos, captured on my phone as I didn't have my camera with me.

On Elderstub Lane, at Maltings Farm this house was all black.


At Eastlow Hill there is a tumulus which is a mound or barrow with a grave.

 

 And on to Rushbrooke... St. Nicholas Church didn't appear to be open, but I didn't really have time to visit.


 This is the rather quaint  Parish Pump House.


I liked the thatched cottages too.





I didn't know this reservoir was here. It was very windy. Perhaps you can see the waves that were being whipped up by the wind.





Hall Farm farmhouse is impressive.


It even has a Ha-ha.


I followed the path down towards Rushbrooke Lane and then turned onto the footpath that passed behind the driving range to head to the new bridleway. This is how it looks now.


And soon I could see the yellow house at Maltings Farm again.


I returned under the underpass and passed the pond and some nice blossom before returning home...



...with my pickings of stray gold balls that had escaped the driving range onto the path.




In total, just over 8 miles, and I was back before it started getting dark... just!

You can see more details here on MapMyWalk.

No comments:

Post a Comment