Sunday 24 March 2019

Nowton Walk

Oh dear. I think I'm infected. Someone has given me itchy feet. It was a lovely sunny day, but I was stuck indoors preparing the Sunday roast dinner and entertaining/being entertained by by my little nieces Eliza and Lola. But I was hankering to get out into the sun and enjoy the fresh air. After lunch I eventually got free.

I thought I'd go and visit Nowton Park and see the daffodils. A year ago, it would never have occurred to me to walk there, but that is what I did. And I even got to take in a stretch of the Bury St. Edmunds circular walk along the River Lark.

I won't include a map of my walk , but you can see it here if you want. Here are a few of the pictures I took along the way.

Blossom!


Crossing the A14.


The River Lark.


This magnolia is pretty impressive.


Daffodils in Nowton Park.





But I have to say I was underwhelmed. Maybe I'd missed the best, as I saw them here in 2008.

And now I was at the village sign..


Heading for home now, via the A14 underpass, these deep furrows in the fields looked amazing in the setting sun.




And I got some nice pink clouds before I got home.


Well that 7.6 mile walk stopped my feet itching... for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment