Saturday 18 May 2019

Bury St. Edmunds Festival - Sara Dowling sings Judy Garland

Yesterday was the first Friday of the Bury St. Edmunds Festival and I had bought tickets to this...


This time all three of us got to go. The concert was at The Hunter Club, the first time I had been there - I had been meaning to for ages. It was a lovely setting with most of the audience around tables and was a full house.

Chris, Dario and George were an excellent backing trio and Sara sang as wonderfully as ever. I didn't get a chance to remind her at the interval that she owed me a beer after meeting her challenge at the concert at her Stapleford Barn Concert in November. Maybe next time.

And here's a thing... after the concert she gave everyone a hug on the way out. That was nice.

P.S. as we were leaving, the pianist Chris Ingham said to William, what's a man under 60 doing here? Lol.


No comments:

Post a Comment