Sunday 18 November 2018

Sara Dowling Quartet Concert


William and I went to this lunchtime concert at Stapleford Granary. I first heard Sara at the Bury St Edmunds Festival in May and I jumped at the chance to hear her perform again. This time she had a backing group of Piano (John Pearce), Double Bass (Conor Chaplin) and Drums (Matt Fishwick).

We got there early and got front row seats...


The concert was excellent. I particularly enjoyed the Jerome Kern songs. Here they are performing....


She set us a challenge... to identify the composer of the song "My mood is You", originally recorded by Jack Jones, which she had transcribed. She offered of a pint of beer to the finder. So I did a bit of web-surfing later and found the answer... Carl Sigler. So I left her a message on Facebook and Sara now owes me a pint!

You can find Sara on Facebook or on her website. This video will give you an idea of her amazing talent. I can't wait to go and hear her again...and claim my pint of beer!

No comments:

Post a Comment