Tuesday 20 November 2018

Felixstowe Sunrise walk


"I thought I'd do a very early sunrise walk at Felixstowe on Tuesday Nov 20th. Probably meeting at 7am at Old Felixstowe and walking the 6 miles to the docks for some refreshments at the View Point Cafe (Open at 9am). Then walk back again ....", said the invite from Joyce. That sounded good. I said I'd go. "Lovely sunrise this morning. I hope we get the same on Tuesday", she said. Umm...

We met at the BP garage at 6:15 am and Joyce gave me a lift. The skies didn't look promising. We met up with 5 others at The Ferryboat Inn in the pre-dawn gloom and set off just after 7am. Wow! It was windy! And the sea was quite spectacular. Rather different from my half-distance version of the walk in May.

We got most of the way to Landguard Point and the Viewpoint Cafe before it started to rain. We arrived just as the cafe was opening at 9 o'clock and lingered for nearly an hour over breakfast. We were amused to find how busy the place got within minutes of opening.

It rained off and on on the way back, but never too hard and our clothes were kept dry by the brisk wind. The last stretch back past the golf-course was particularly bracing as we were walking straight into the wind and had horizontal rain stinging our cheeks. Now that was a proper wintry walk! And we never did get to see the sun!

Unfortunately, my proper camera went AWOL so I had to rely on my dodgy phone. Here are some of my photos...












You can see a slideshow of all of them here (Flash required)


Or my album here on Flickr.
Thanks, Joyce, for a lovely walk... and the lift. My turn to drive next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment