Sunday 4 November 2018

Chilli Harvest!

I suspected this would happen! While out for the day for the Crossword Championship, most of our chillis got harvested. This is what I found in the dining room today...









I checked what I had bought...
Hmm. Well the Thai Hot Ornamental peppers are obvious (yes they are hot!). But where were the Serrano chillis? It turned out they were buried under some of the big ones. But which were Giant Ristras and which we3re Budapest Hot Bananas? I think they may be a bit mixed up.

And, as you can see, there were others too... the missus had bought some Jalapeno seeds (which did so well last year) and some Habaneros - aka scotch bonnets. They are not big but they are seriously fiery! She only picked those that had ripened to yellow/orange/red so there are still a lot of them outside getting some autumn sunshine to ripen them further.

So now I've got to figure out what to do with them. I think I might try making some more paprika with the ripe Hungarian ones like I did last year...


As for the jalapenos - yes let's pickle those. And the habaneros? I can forsee some wickedly hot chilli sauce being made.

Well that will keep me out mischief for the next week or two!

No comments:

Post a Comment