Monday 24 June 2019

Beyton 5 Village Walk

This was a walk I'd wanted to share with others for a while. Joyce asked me if I would like to lead a walk this week, so I said yes. This is how it was advertised...

Monday 24th June. The plan is to explore five Suffolk villages, with lovely countryside and woodland walking in between, for approximately 9 miles. Our route will encompass Beyton, Rougham, Bradfield St. George, Hesset and Drinkstone. We will meet at Beyton Church, Church Rd, Beyton, IP30 9AL car park to start walking at 10am. There are no refreshment facilities en-route but we will stop for a drinks/snack break so bring something with you. After the walk, for those who are interested, we will retire to The Bear for post-amble sustenance.

This was our route....


There were 6 of us on the walk and we took it fairly leisurely as it was rather warm and very humid. Here we are (well everyone except me behind the camera) in Bradfield St. George.


Across the road we saw this....


..but no, Carolyn didn't have room in her bag to take some home. We also saw this contradictorily named house ...




...and plenty of these flowers in the woods just coming out. I think they may be a type of Fragrant Orchid, but I could be wrong.


A few of the houses in Hesset...




The path to Drinkstone as it was in March...


And here is our walk's start and end - Beyton Church.


You can see more details of our route here. No album from today, but see a lot more of route with my photos from my March recce of the walk starting in Hesset here on Flickr. How the grass has grown since then!

I was pleased to get round without making a wrong turn, or losing any walkers along the way. Thanks to all for their company

No comments:

Post a Comment