Tuesday 25 February 2020

Dinky Doors Discovery Diddle-Daddle

On a Cambridge walk last month, we chanced across some funny little statues, one at Reality Checkpoint and the other by a postbox along the river. On researching afterwards, I found they were part of a collection of Dinky Doors.

I was invited to a "non-leaving do" in Cambridge yesterday evening (one of my colleagues resigned and then changed her mind) so decided to go a little early and go looking for more of them.

Here is the map showing where they are.


I was on the train so my starting point was at the Railway Station. I didn't have time for all of them (numbers 5 and 9 were a bit far for the time I had), but this was my route around the rest of them.


Here are my photos of them. Click on the links to read the story of each from the Dinky Doors Blog.

No 2 - Reality Checkpoint 2.0


No. 4. - 10 1/4 Downing Street. This one took me a while to spot.


No. 3 - Teleport-o-Matic. Hidden between two telephone boxes.


No. 7 - Love from Above. It helped to know where Whewell Court is.


No. 8 - Ride and Park. At the side of the footbridge.


and, finally, No. 6 - Wonder Emporium.


Well that was fun. It was just a shame I couldn't pick up the other 2 at the same time. "But your route stops on King Street, John". Yes. That's because I was at my destination for the evening, The Cambridge Brewhouse. Time for some beer!

You can find more details of my route on MapMyWalk here.

P.S. The videos on the Dinky Doors site are really worth watching, so do click the links above!
P.P.S. And don't forget to browse the catalogue of amazing products available at the Wonder Emporium here.

Addendum 28th Feb.


Following my last day at work yesterday, I managed to visit the last two on my way back to my car.

No. 5 - The Emailerator, next to a funny spiky postbox.


And, finally, No. 9 - The Dinky Flying Object


So that's the complete collection. Thanks Dinky Doors! And thanks for the comment on the blog.

1 comment:

Show Comments