Sunday 9 February 2020

Polly Gibbons at the Hunter Club

My first concert at the Hunter Club of the year was last night...



It was packed out! I didn't have the best of seats being near the back and with a pillar in front of me, but no matter, the music was good. I particularly liked Sugar in my bowl, Anything Goes, Nothing compares to you and another ballad that I can't find in her recordings.. She's from Framlingham but has been touring the US for some time and this was only her second gig in Bury St. Edmunds. Great voice and great backing from  the trio. We were also treated to a debut from a talented young local pianist called Oscar Lyons, who did a set of 3 pieces with Geoff and George to rapturous applause. "You're hearing the future of Jazz... and it doesn't include me", said Chris. A lovely evening out.

No comments:

Post a Comment