Saturday 3 July 2021

Sloggers and Betters October 2021

S&B York 2021 – Friday 29th and Saturday 30th October 2021

I'm hoping this goes ahead this year. This time I'll be able to claim I am both a blogger and a setter. Here is what John Henderson had to say...

"I’ve had a number of enquiries about whether there will be a Sloggers and Betters event in York this year. The answer is: “Er…yes, probably”.

It’s of course too early to make firm arrangements. Things are bound to change in the next days, weeks and months – but there are certain aspects of the normal York weekend that I’ve ruled out, others that I’m gradually pencilling in. For example, I’m thinking of running the events of both Friday evening and Saturday daytime in and around the pubs and hotels near the racecourse. This area includes Stableside (our usual accommodation venue) and The Fox and Roman (our normal Saturday venue), and I’ve started making enquiries at the nearby Cross Keys (pub) and the Marriott and Holiday Inn (hotels) about availability as further function venues.
"

Read more about it here. I've got my room booked at the Stableside 😀

No comments:

Post a Comment