Saturday 13 May 2023

A Eurovision Crossword

 

It's Eurovision Finals day today, and yesterday we were treated to another clever themed crosswords from Felix (a pseudonym of Richard Rogan, the Times Crossword Editor). .

You can download the puzzle using this link to print it and try and solve it  to get the full experience, but, actually most of the theme, unusually, is in the clues.

As Richard himself explained....


Can you do as well as Mangoman did in comments on the blog of the answers to the crossword (see here)? I spotted the theme when I wondered why 1944 was the year specified in 11A and discovered it was a Eurovision song.

It is quite brilliant to manage that in a set of proper clues to a proper crossword. 

My favourite, though, was this clue for ALBUM...

"Collection of songs, nearly all no good."

I suspect that might be my conclusion after watching the final with Dawn tonight!



No comments:

Post a Comment