Sunday 7 May 2023

Vocal Sampling

This post is a bit overdue! On our 3 days walking the Thames Path at the end of March, one of the conversations was around the best bands we had seen live.

I discounted concerts I'd performed in and other classical 'bands' and said mine was the group Vocal Sampling, which I'd seen and heard at the Bury St. Edmunds Festival back in 2009 (see a review of the concert here).

They are basically a salsa band with vocals.. and no instruments. I was enthralled and bought all their CDs over the following few months.

After returning from our walking trip I started looking for recordings om the web. Which track is most representative of their style and skill? I decide on this one, Pirim Pin Pin...


But then I found some tracks I hadn't heard, including some of their covers of non-salsa music. I think some of my friends may enjoy their cover of The Eagles' Hotel California....


Towards the end you get some fantastic "air-guitar" playing!


No comments:

Post a Comment