Monday 22 January 2024

Coffee


 At home I hardly ever drink instant coffee, but this morning I had to.Yesterday I discovered why the hotplate of my filter coffee machine was getting wet - the coffee pot had a crack in it. It was just a cheap and rather plasticky machine, but it had done us well for about 5 years being used more or less every day and sometimes more than once a day. Rather than buy a new jug for about £20 or replace the Cookworks coffee machine ...

...like-for-like (a direct replacement would have cost £30) I splashed out on a Taylor Swoden Filter Coffee Machine for £41.59. It arrived this afternoon, so I tried it out with some freshly ground Brazilian coffee.





Delicious. And the machine looks better, brews an extra 2 cups, the jug pours better... and you can set it on a timer. Time now to set it up to brew some fresh coffee at 8am tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment