Thursday 25 January 2024

Jigsaw of Northumberland


On our holiday in Northumberland last year, I bought a 1000 piece souvenir jigsaw of a map of the county.

I had thought it might be something to do if we were stuck indoors by Storm Babet, but the others weren't interested in doing it and we had enough respite between waves of the storm to get out on the Wednesday and Thursday.

On Monday night Dawn decided to get started on it. She gave up with 75% of the outside edge done claiming it was too difficult. Well that would never do! I spent a lot of Tuesday doing it until I decided to call it a day a little after midnight with about 85% of the crossword done. I managed a few more pieces yesterday morning, but had to leave off to go to Wortham for our walk (see here).


Last night after tea I finished it off by about 9:30pm, here's how it looks completed.


Lovely. But it was rather tricky! The pale green colour was the same at the top, left hand side and bottom of the puzzle so the last bit took a while longer than I thought. Nice to get it finished, though, and without losing any of the 1000 pieces. Now what happened to the 1500 piece jigsaws we had when I was young?


No comments:

Post a Comment