Saturday 1 June 2024

St Michaels Singers Singing Day

Today we had a St. Michaels Singers singing day in Old in Northamptonshire.

Well done Linda for organising it and orchestrating the food and drink provision. It was a lovely day of singing with an informal concert at the end.


Sister Sue was there having driven up from Somerset for the day (!) so it was good to catch up with her along with all the others.

My voice wasn't really  up to it, unfortunately, but I was still able to sing most of the notes in the concert. I thought we did particularly well to perform the Vaughan Williams Shakespeare songs on so little rehearsal. You can hear the Netherlands Chamber Choir singing them here

I also really enjoyed Guy's British 4 folk song arrangements. Delightful!

We meet again next year to do the Southwell Minster services for a few days again. I'm looking forward to it already.


No comments:

Post a Comment