Friday 8 June 2018

QC Blogging Day

Times Quick Cryptic No 1109 by Hurley


I don't know if it is blogitis, or just doing the crossword online instead of on paper, but, somehow, my blogging QCs seem to take longer than they should. This was my slowest for over two months at nearly twice my average time, but, in retrospect, it doesn't look that hard. Definitely harder than average, though, I think, with one or two sneaky clues that wouldn't be amiss in the 15x15, so maybe others will find this a bit tricky too. There is plenty of instructional variety of types of clue and wordplay and some testing anagrams that I didn't find easy to crack. Lots of lovely clues to choose from, but my favourite was the last but simple EBB at 20d for starting with "Finally...". Thank-you Hurley for the neat and challenging puzzle. How did you all like it?

Read all about it here

No comments:

Post a Comment