Saturday 18 August 2018

Jumbo Blogging Day

Times Cryptic Jumbo No 1336 - 4th August

When this was published, I was in the middle of a trienniel reunion with friends who started singing together over 40 years ago, meeting for a few days to sing at the services in Southwell Minster. A couple of my fellow singers said they did the Jumbo every week and had tried this and found it hard to get started. Oo er, I thought. Then I came to solve it a couple of days later. Yes it took me a while to get started too, but in the end it was not too much harder than average, taking me a little over an hour. There is a good smattering of clever clues that were fun to decipher. COD goes to SCHILLING for the nicely misdirecting definition "out-of-date bread". So thank-you setter for an enjoyable puzzle. How did you all find it? Which clues delighted or frustrated you?
See the answers... )

No comments:

Post a Comment