Saturday 4 August 2018

Southwell Circular Walk

Today we had a longer lunchtime gap between rehearsals as there was a wedding on at the minster, so I was able put my new-found rambling skills to the test and create a circular walk around Southwell.

This was my route...


After a wander around the minster grounds, I headed south towards Brackenhurst, the Nottingham Trent University campus and farm, Animal Unit and Equestrian Centre along some of the Robin Hood Way. Here is a view back to Southwell..

2018_0804_140857

My route also took in Westhorpe and Normanton park and Hall, with cricket being played in the grounds, some lovely looking strawberries in poly tunnels (I managed to resist picking any) and some nice looking apples in the orchard.

2018_0804_144343

After a stretch along the Southwell Trail disused railway line, I arrived at the Last Whistle (q.v.) to quench my thirst before heading back to the Bramley Inn.

You can see details of my route here and a more of my photos on Flickr.

No comments:

Post a Comment