Thursday 16 August 2018

Suffolk Tarwebier

After 8 days initial fermentation and 9 days clarification in barrel, it was time to fill my little keg and bottles with my Tarwebier. For my label, I used a photo of the Suffolk countryside from my Acton walk. Here it is...


The strength is a bit higher than expected, but that's what I calculated from the OG and FG. Tarwebier is Flemish for Wheat Beer, or, in French, a Blanche de Bruges.... but made in Suffolk - hence the name.

The picture is a bit of a cheat, perhaps - I think it is barley rather than wheat being grown here, but it is a pretty summer landscape.

Here are the results after labelling.

A 2 gallon barrel and 15 33cl bottles. I might need some help to drink all of that.


I'm supposed to wait 4 weeks before drinking. I might just succumb to temptation and give it a try a bit sooner!

No comments:

Post a Comment