Saturday 27 October 2018

Jumbo Blogging Day

This was quite a straightforward Jumbo with only the stew at 55A and the nasty form of torture at 5D being a new words to me. But both were easily derived from checkers and wordplay. Done online, I don't have any notes on any particular difficulties.All done in about 39 1/2 minutes, which may be close to a PB for me for the Jumbo. One or two entertaining clues noted in the text; BIRTHSTONE my favourite, I think. Having learnt about the Greek stew, I decided to make it for Sunday dinner last weekend. I served it with rice and a greek salad. Very tasty! Thanks setter for the culinary lesson (and the rest of an entertaining, but not-too-taxing crossword). How did you all like it?
P.S. I am in York today for the fifteensquared Sloggers and Betters event. Hoping to see some of you there.
Read all about it... )

No comments:

Post a Comment